Place the Safety Mat on either side of your bed as a protective floor cushion to help stop injuries in the event you accidentally roll out of the bed.
The Safety Mat is often used in nursing homes or hospitals for extra safety, particularly when bed safety rails are not available or suitable (that is, rails that can be fitted directly to the bed to help stop someone from falling out when asleep).
They are best suited for use with electric beds, where the height of the bed can be dropped to a very low setting.
This thin yet soft floor mat is about 50 mm high, and is made from three sections of safety foam that are then covered by hinged nylon. This allows the mat to be easily folded up for compact storage when your not using it.
The underside of the mat features a unique textured surface that prevents that mat from easily slipping if someone stands on it by mistake. However, the design of this textured surface is such that you can still reposition the mat with your foot, making it easy to manoeuvre without needing to bend over. It is only when pressure is applied to the mat that the surface will grip to the floor’s surface to stop the mat from sliding.
The Crash Mat includes a reflective strip that runs along the edge of the mat. This strip will glow in the dark or even when the lights are low to make sure the mat can be seen, and does not become a trip hazard.
The mat measures 1.7 metres long and 0.6 metres wide. This product should not be used as mat to lie on it is for falls safety purposes only.
- floor mat to help cushion a fall from bed
- can be placed either side of bed
- ideally suited to low profile beds
- safety foam mat with hinged nylon cover
- three sections for easy folding and storage
- non-slip underside to stop mat slipping
- reflective strip to minimize trip hazards?in low light
- 3 safety foam sections
- Hinged nylon cover for easy fold-away storage
- Large size available for extra depth and width