A simple MP3 music player designed for people living with a diagnosis of dementia, this innovative product is easy to operate with the simple flip of the lid. Operation requires only three controls:
- Start the music = lift the lid
- Skip a song (optional) = press the big button
- Stop the music = close the lid
The music will always continue from where it was last stopped.
One time set up needs to be completed by family or carer, which involves uploading a playlist on to the device and adjusting volume to the required level.?The volume control is designed to avoid being accidentally changed by the user. Music selection can be changed at any time be repeating this set up.
To upload a playlist the Simple Music Player is plugged into a computer (process is well described in operating instructions making ???set-up?? as easy as possible).
To adjust the volume, using a pencil or similar, press and hold one of the buttons underneath the player. Only after holding the control for 5 seconds the volume will begin to increase or decrease, so it can be set to the appropriate level.
The ??Simple Music Player?? was developed with supporting research from the Bath Institute of Medical Engineering. Extensive trialling verified the play mechansim is highly intuitive and does not require any prior knowledge or memory to start and stop the player. The styling is also reminiscent of old radios and is instantly recognisable as something which plays music.
- Available in Red, the product measures 300mm x 190mm x 110mm and weighs 1.7 kg.
- Memory capacity is 4GB minimum (about 1500 2000 songs)
- Music upload is via USB connection (cable provided) compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple IOS and Linux
- Music format: MP3, MPEG4, WMA, WAV, AAC files (Note: not M4P files)
- To clean, wipe down with a damp cloth (product is not waterproof)