Mobility Scooters Sunshine
If you or a loved one need a mobility scooter to assist you in your daily life, the team at Mobility Caring have a robust inventory of equipment to assist you available in the Sunshine area.
As we get older, we often start to lose mobility and can’t do the things we used to do. Similar, if you are suffering a health issue that makes it difficult to walk, the right assistance is absolutely paramount to getting your life back on track.
A lack of ability to perform basic, everyday activities can be distressing. You may feel helpless, and even consider yourself to be a burden to others. That’s why it is critical to access the right mobility equipment to make life easier.
At all stages of life, we can find ourselves in difficult situations and it’s critical to get the right help. So if you’re looking for high quality electric mobility scooters in the Melbourne suburb of Sunshine, look no further.
Our online store here at Mobility Caring is the best website to find mobility scooters in Sunshine, Victoria. No matter if you’re in central Sunshine, Sunshine West or Sunshine North, our team at Home Caring can help you find the right mobility equipment for you.
Should I purchase a mobility scooter?
If you’re looking for a mobility scooter in the Sunshine area, and you or a loved one are experiencing a condition making it difficult to walk, a scooter can greatly help you enhance your quality of life.
For example, a mobility scooter can:
- Help you move from one place to another on a comfortable seat
- Assist you perform routine tasks necessary for daily living
- Broaden the types of activities you can do – whether that it be seeing friends, going shopping, travelling, going to the beach, seeing a movie or going a restaurant or café (you'll just need to make sure the places you visit have accessibility services)
- Help you go to your doctors’ appointments without any significant help (indeed, they make an excellent travel companion)
- Provide you with comfort, a sense of normality and freedom as you go about your daily life
One lady in the United Kingdom developed a hernia in 2018 and purchased a mobility scooter to improve her movement. She reported:
“That gave me back a whole life again. I was never at home, I could go shopping, go out with my friends. I was able to go to parents’ evenings again.”
Do I really need a mobility scooter?
Generally, you will need a mobility scooter if you:
- Struggle to walk for long periods
- Have difficulty using crutches, a cane or a walker
- Experience regular pain in your body’s joints
- Have rheumatoid arthritis
Before you search for compact travel scooters in Sunshine, you or your loved one should consider whether it is completely necessary. A power mobility scooter is a costly investment, and you should only buy one if you 100% know that they are suitable for your circumstances. Whether you're looking for a heavy duty mobility scooter or something more lightweight, it's important to know exactly what you need.
Before you make the decision, you should always speak to a medical professional, such as an occupational therapist, about your mobility management. There are plenty of doctors available to consult in the Sunshine area, including at Sunshine City Medical Centre on Ballarat Road, or Medical One on Hampshire Road.
A health expert can properly assess your body and outline your options. There are a range of types of medical equipment like scooters, but also a wheelchair, power chair or seat walker.
Alternatives to Mobility Scooters
Mobility scooters are not the only products available to help you if you are suffering from limited mobility.
Some of the other products you may like to consider include:
- Power chairs – these are an effective alternative to mobility scooters for those who are suffering even more restricted abilities.
- Walking frames – frames are great if you are unsteady when walking or suffer fatigue when walking long distances. They are generally more affordable and are more appropriate of if you have less restricted mobility.
- Seat walkers – also known as rollators, seat walkers are another effective alternative for those requiring extra support if they are uneasy when walking
Comfortable mobility has never been as easy to find as now.
Do I need insurance on a mobility scooter?
There is no legal requirement to have insurance on a mobility scooter, like there is with a car. However, many authorities do recommend insurance to protect yourself and others, in case your scooter is damaged or in case somebody gets injured. Safe travel can't always be guaranteed.
Insurance on these power scooters may assist you recover any out-of-pocket expense you incur if you are deemed to have legal liability.
Where to buy mobility scooters in Sunshine
You can buy mobility scooters in Sunshine from Mobility Caring. You’ll get all the equipment you could ever need on this website or at our store located at 473 Ballarat Rd, Sunshine VIC 3020.
You can always count on us for reliable service and to help you with your mobility management. Our team possesses combined industry knowledge and great customer service skills, so are well positioned to help you find the right product.
You can get a large choice of mobility scooters, electric wheelchairs, power chairs, seat walkers, shower chairs, walking frames and more with us. Please have a look around our website. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.