- Power Chairs
Drive Medical Titan Power Chair
- Available in 46cm (18”) seat width.
- Designed for indoor and outdoor use.
- Front wheel drive system for optimum manoeuvrability.
- Detachable padded and adjustable armrests to suit comfort of user.
- Adjustable length controller mount.
- Folding backrest for easy storage and transportation.
- Height adjustable and reclining seat to suit comfort preferences.
- Swivel seat facilitates easy transfers on and off the chair.
- Height adjustable and removable headrest to suit user requirements.
- De-clutch operation to enable you to safely freewheel the chair where and when required.• Padded upholstery for additional comfort and support.
- Solid non-marking tyres provide durability and low maintenance.
- Height adjustable, flip up footplate to suit users leg length and assist with easy transfers.
- Dynamic Shark programmable controller provides an easy and enjoyable driving experience.
- Front anti tip wheels as standard.
- Seat belt included for additional safety and security.
- Available in Spirit Red.
- Maximum weight capacity 136kg (21st).
But if you’re not yet sure whether a motorised power chair is the right option for you, we’re going to give you all the information you need in order to make an informed decision right here. Read on now to learn more about what power chairs can offer.
The first thing to know about the power chairs that we offer is that they deliver all of the traditional benefits that come with regular wheelchairs. They allow people to increase their mobility and independence when dealing with either a temporary or permanent disability that makes mobility difficult. Just as with a regular wheelchair, they offer comfort, ease of movement and all of those benefits that you’d expect to get from a wheelchair. On top of that, power chairs offer so much more and that’s what we’re going to discuss now.
Motorised Mobility Aid
Power chairs offer a motorised power system, allowing for even easier mobility. This is what makes power chairs stand out and can be ideal for people who want more independence. There’s no need to rely on other people to push the chair, and you don’t have to have a lot of upper body strength to manually turn the wheels either. Motorised mobility aids are already being utilised by lots of people around the world and the trend for using these power chairs is on the rise.
Aid People with a Variety of Movement and Mobility Issues
The people who benefit most from using power chairs are people who have existing movement and mobility issues. There’s a wide range of disabilities and conditions that make movement and mobility difficult. And with advances in technology, these kinds of problems can be dealt with better, both in institutional settings and at home and in the community, with the use of power chairs like the ones you’ll find in our store. There’s a power chair out there for most mobility problems.
Ideal for Manoeuvring Indoors or Outdoors
One of the advantages that you get when you choose a power chair over a regular wheelchair is that they have a much tighter turning circle. This means you can get around much more easily, both indoors and outdoors. This added accessibility makes a huge difference to so many people. There are lots of situations in which getting around in tighter spaces when using a regular wheelchair can be so difficult. It’s a problem that doesn’t have to be dealt with when you choose a power chair.
Minimal Effort Required
The thing that matters more than anything else when choosing a wheelchair is ease of use. Many people don’t want to use a wheelchair that places a heavy physical demand on them, and that’s perfectly understandable. With power chairs, there’s minimal effort required because all of the hard work is done by the motorised system that the chair uses. This powers the chair forward so that manual force isn’t required at any point. That’s what makes it ideal for elderly people and people who can’t operate a traditional wheelchair.
Comfortable and a Range of Seating Options
Power chairs are able to offer a genuine comfort, and when you browse our range of power chairs, you’ll see there’s a wide range of seating options. This gives you the option to find the seat and padding that you find most comfortable, and comfort is always a huge factor when selecting the power chair that’s right for you. Each power chair we stock offers genuine comfort however.
You only need to take a quick look at the range of power chairs we have in our store to see that we stick a wide range of styles and each offers an appealing design. You can take a look at see which one offers the level of aesthetic appeal you’re looking for.
As you can see, there are plenty of great reasons to choose a power chair when in need of a new wheelchair. If the features and advantages discussed above appeal to you, don’t hesitate to explore the range of power chairs we have for sale here in our store. You’re sure to find one that works for you.